Welcome to Tradisi Textiles
We aim to expand markets for women creating beautiful textiles in remote areas of the world. By purchasing their fabric and turning them into usable products Tradisi can cross cultural borders and bring to the world the incredible textiles still being produced by hand in undeveloped regions.
Tradisi Textiles buys cloth as close to the source of production as possible. We travel to villages where textiles are still being made using traditional methods and buy directly from the women making them. We also source textiles from trusted NGOs who support traditional crafts and a small amount from local village markets to ensure variety.
We have reached a time where over-consumption has led to the production of goods and services that cause social and environmental disasters. Exploitation of people and the environment are part of today’s chain of supply for the majority of products we consume. We are appealing to people who recognise these issues and choose to make conscious choices about what they purchase.
15% of Tradisi Textiles’ profits are spent on community projects that support women in Indonesia.
Trina Minter Naughton is the designer and co-founder with Simeon Naughton of Tradisi Textiles.
Our Polices and Information
- Supplier identification
tradisi.com.au is a site operated by Tradisi Textiles.
We are registered in Australia with the ABN 17008860405 and with our registered office and trading address is 65 Lilli Pilli Drive, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481
Our payment information will appear as weave.life on your statement.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- To other companies within our group.
- If we sell our business.
- To agents and service providers.
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which may hold or process about you.
- Product information
A description of each product can be found on individual product pages. While we attempt to be as accurate as possible it is sometimes possible our description can differ from the product themselves.
- Right to return
You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of seven working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have canceled the contract. Address for returns: 11/2 St Neot Ave, Potts Point, NSW 2011, Australia.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of good made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site (link). We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by Singapore law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by Singapore law. You and we both agree that the courts of Singapore will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.